Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Crazy Monkey Garden Begins!

crazy monkey in garden As you all know my favorite food of all-time is the banana. I really wanted to plant a few banana trees outside so I could enjoy my favorite fruit, but the climate just isn't right for it in my location. So instead, I began to study up on the wide world of gardening.

inflated monkey reading garden how to books
Studying the How to Garden Books

After a lot of in-depth research, I knew what I wanted to plant. I was able to purchase the seeds, plants and soil from good ol' Wal Mart, home of the smiley face guy and rollback specials. So I picked up some potting soil, seeds for Cucumbers, Squash and Tomato plants, and then Broccoli and Spinach plants. After a bit of work outdoors, things are now ready to start growin'!


Workin' hard on some spinach crops

So after a lot of careful consideration I chose to plant Spinach, Cucumbers, Broccoli, Squash and Tomatoes. Once I get some plants, I can start preparing some great salads and other healthy meals (to counteract the bad effects of my wild party animal life!) You can see in my diagram below that certain plants require more spacing than others to grow.

garden layout diagram

My Garden layout diagram


The above diagram shows you my eliptical entire garden layout. "S" for Spinach, "B" for Broccoli, "Sq" for Squash and "C" is for Cucumber, that's good enough for me :)

Gardening is a fun and rewarding hobby. I recommend that everyone starts their own garden because it's cool to watch the results and have fresh fruit or vegetables to enjoy...One thing I have to beware of is the animals from around here messin' with it. There's a lot of hungry deer and rabbits on the prowl, and an open garden for them is like a free outdoor salad bar! But if I can protect it, I'm expecting some great veggie crops in several weeks!

I'll provide more updates on how my gardening adventure unfolds...stay tuned!

Save on Top Sellers in Garden at Wal-Mart


Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home